Infinite Computations and Games
Lecture in the winter term 2019/2020
Mo, 10:30 - 12:00 am (5056)
Di, 10:30 - 12:00 am (AH II)
Fr, 2:30 - 4:00 pm (AH II)
- automata on infinite words, the basic definitions and constructions
- deterministic automata and classes of acceptance conditions
- infinite games as models of reactive systems
- automata on infinite trees and their connection to games
- applications in logic, verification ans synthesis
This course is only addressed to M.Sc. students. Note That B.Sc. students cannot take part in this course.
Knowledge of automata theory as presented in basic courses is required for participation.
The course will be held in English.
There will be weekly exercise sets. Completing these successfully, reaching at least 50% of possible points, is necessary for admittance to the examination.
The exact modalities will be announced in the lecture.
There will be written exams.